Sunday, July 3, 2016

Second cycle


Even though during the first cycle there was almost no pain with the application of 5-FU, by the fifth day I could feel some pain and itching due to a small superficial fissure at the 6 o'clock position. Since the 9 day rest period was coming up that was enough to heal it.

As I write this, I am on the second day of the rest period after the second cycle of 5-FU and I feel somewhat more pain of burning quality. The pain is a little worse with stooling, because of this it is very important to eat a lot of fiber. I am eating brown rice, salads and supplementing with Citrucel tablets. I have not noticed any bleeding yet. This time during the 5-FU application, I also felt more burning when the cream was in, and this burning lasted the whole day during the 5th day. It was mildly uncomfortable but did not prevent me from doing my normal activities.

I hope it does not get worse with each cycle. I an supposed to see my doctor after the fifth to see if there have been improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment